The Cybercrime Investigations Foundations course is a two-week bootcamp offered by the Rogers Cybersecure Catalyst, designed to prepare officers to meet performance expectations of an entry level Cybercrime Investigator. Upon successful completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify key issues associated with cybercrime and cybercriminal behaviour.
- Describe how cybercriminals use and exploit the internet and IT technologies
- Be aware of the applicable Criminal Code of Canada offenses, the Canada Evidence Act and other legislative requirements.
- Follow the cybercrime investigative process including victim impact appreciation.
- Analyze and synthesize cybercrime data from multiple sources.
- Communicate, coordinate and collaborate with other cyber stakeholders.